Monday 26 May 2014

5 Reasons Why You Must Start Your Own Home Nursery

I'm going to jump to the reasons I believe you should start your own home nursery. My initial goal was to start a Wholesale Tree Nursery and in the process supply my own Landscaping Business.

What happened was that I got hooked, treating my plants better than my dog, talking to them and visiting them at least a couple of times per day.


So why should you?
1. You learn more about a plant's character, than you read in any book. Plants that I used to plant in full-sun, I now know does better in semi-shade or morning sun. You learn which plants to grow from seeds or cuttings.
2. It is a great hobby to keep you out of trouble and your kids can join in the fun. 
3. It's a great way to relief some stress. Especially when you see new growth.
4. Contribute to the environment. Plant indigenous trees or plants that release high volumes of oxygen in the air, like Portulacaria afra.
5. Grow your own organic Fruits and Veggies. As soon as you invest in something it's got a value. You will treat your Fruits and Veggies like gold. I almost fired my garden service for stealing my avocado's.


I hope I convinced you. Please comment on your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment